Friday 22 February 2013

Poster Designs


Design 1
This is my first design using the 'In her shoes' poster as inspiration. I have put the two girls at the front of the poster to show they are the main characters of the film. By positioning one behind the other shows their is rivalry that the front girl may not know about. Even though the coin is one of the main objects in the film I didn't want it to over power the girls friendship and so I have it on the poster but less obvious. 
The background on the poster is of a location we have used in our film, I have lowered the opacity so that it doesn't take the attention away from the main characters and text, but is still able to be seen.
The name of the film is in the center so that it sands out well and is able to be seen, as well as the strap line. I have also added the names of the actors who appear in the film (as most film do) at the top of the poster in the font ..... that is used on most film posters.
The colours I have used are bright for the background, coin coloured for the text and darker more shadowed with what the characters are wearing. to show mystery and the impression of not knowing everything.

Design 2

This design for the poster i have used 'warrior' as inspiration. I have used a simple font for the words on the poster so then it is easy for most people to read. The words are gold to represent the coin, I like this as it connects nicely with the story line but I do think the brightness needs increasing to help it stand out a bit more. I have used the actors name at the top so then if anyone recognizes them they are more likely to go and watch the film (especially if they are well known).
I have used dark to colours to represent the mysteriousness of the film and that it isn't all as it seems. However I think this doesn't work as well as i would like as it makes the film look like a thriller or horror more than a drama.
I have positioned the two characters towards each other to show that there is going to be conflict between the two. The coin between them is the main part of the story and by having it between the two characters shows this is what stands between them both.

I think this poster is good as it gives a good idea about the film and what is going to happen with out giving away the full story line. However if we were to use this design i think i need to change the darkness of it as it doesn't look like it is going to be a drama.